- These days, millions of users are accessing the Internet through smartphones running on Android, iOS or Windows.
Consequently, it has become necessary for websites to adapt to this changing environment and make appropriate changes
to their website design to attract more viewers.
- The desktop version of the site can be difficult to view and use on a mobile device.
A version that is not suitable for mobile devices requires the user to pinch or zoom in to read the content.
Users find this a frustrating experience and may leave the site. In contrast, the mobile version is easy to read and use immediately.
- A recent Google update mandates that the website be mobile-friendly so that it can be used in mobile search engines.
Note that a website that is not mobile-friendly will also have no impact on regular search engines.
- In this chapter, we’ll see how to make a website mobile-friendly to ensure an optimal experience for visitors who access the website from mobile devices.
- What is mobile SEO?
Search engine optimization for mobile devices is the process of designing a website to make it suitable for viewing on mobile devices
with screens of various sizes with low bandwidth. In addition to following all the SEO rules that apply to a desktop website,
we must take extra care when designing a website for mobile devices. A website is mobile-friendly if it has the following attributes
- The content of a good mobile website is easy to read on a mobile device without having to magnify the screen. It has appropriate fonts, colors and layouts.
- It is easy to navigate a good mobile site on a small screen. It provides links and buttons that can be easily maneuvered with your finger.
- A good mobile website is lightweight, so it takes less bandwidth and time to load on mobile networks.
- The home page of a mobile site plays a critical role in connecting users to the content they are looking for.
Therefore, good mobile websites ensure that the most important links are displayed on the home page so that they have sufficient visibility.
- A good mobile Web site has an adaptive design that works well on both desktops and mobile devices.
This not only lowers the content of the site, but also makes the content consistent for search engines.